Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We Went on a Shop Hop

Yesterday was a lot of fun - three of my fellow bee members and I went on a shop hop to three local shops. None of them had ever been to Shiisa Quilts in Bloomington so that was our first stop. The shop is normally closed on Monday but Jan said "Come ahead!" So, off we went. The weather was cool and the leaves are starting to turn so it was a pretty ride. Jan was waiting for us and, as it turned out, members of her bee were there working on projects. We had a great time (and I sold more raffle tickets for our guild quilt - see picture below) and Jan, Kathy and Pat went to lunch with us. Lennie's is really good and a definite place to try if you are in Bloomington.

After lunch we headed over to Ady's in Morgantown. We didn't stay as long but still managed to buy a few things and leave them smiling.

On to Greenwood where we stopped in at The Back Door. Loralei loves batiks so she was in heaven. It is hard to choose when there are so many beautiful fabrics.

On the whole I was pretty good yesterday as I am leaving for Quilt Festival in Houston tomorrow. Today I am finishing up my last of three quilts that will be hung in our guild show in two weeks. Have to get them done and in to Jen as dropoff day is this Saturday and I will be looking at lots of other quilts. :)

If anyone is interested in tickets for the raffle quilt (it's all batiks - the background is navy batik), just let me know and we can work something out. The tickets are $1 each or 6/$5. It is a queen sized quilt.

More later - I'm off to finish sewing down my sleeve and adding the requisite label. I'll post pictures of the quilts going in the show when they are hung. The lighting is better and they show up better.

Here is the raffle quilt:

No comments: