Well, I didn't get around to posting my June finish (two snowman pillows) and I don't have a picture of them yet but I do have a picture of my July finish. I bought this kit at 50% and thought it would be fun (read easy) to do since there was not matching of points, etc. Well, guess what? It is done and I don't think I will do it again. It took forever to cut out all those strips and some were quite narrow (cutting is not my favorite part of a project). Then I started sewing them together - I tried to be as careful as possible with the 1/4" seams and I think I did pretty well but it seemed like I just sewed and sewed and sewed. When I got it all together I decided that I would quilt it myself. I stitched in the ditch down the pastel stripes and then quilted a leaf pattern in the wider strips. Since I am not confident about free motion quilting, I traced the leaf pattern on to cash register tape (thanks, Jan) and quilted over it. I think it turned out okay but that sure was a lot of paper to take off (thanks, Alice). Here are a couple of pictures of the finished quilt:
Unfortunately the quilting doesn't show up too well but I hope you get the idea. Oh yes, my friend was very surprised and like the quilt a lot.
Be sure to check Judy Laquidara's blog in two or three days to see how others have done with their July projects.