Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Completions

Hi All,

I've been busy watching the Australian Open Tennis the last few days but I have been working at the same time.  I have finished two of the projects on my list.  Here are pictures:


 Both are now labeled - the Thangles quilt is on its way to my wonderful neighbor in Houston - a surprise for her; hope she likes it - and the snowman quilt is on the wall outside the half-bath downstairs. 

I have been knitting on Barbara's scarf - each time I complete a circle I have to cast on 60 stitches - there are 37 circles - so I have a good bit of casting on to do and I have to count like crazy to keep straight.

Tomorrow is stitching day - I am really enjoying getting back to stitching again.  It is hard to choose what to work on - I like knitting, stitching and quilting.  This weekend I am going down to Shiisa Quilts in Bloomington for sewing day so I can take a day or two off.

Next week I hope to be able to post pictures of our guild's raffle quilt for this year (did I mention that I am chairing the quilt show which will be held in October?).  It is a beautiful quilt and I will be glad to sell you tickets for it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for more snow - I love it when I can sit up here and watch the flakes come down.  Winter is over too quickly for me! 






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You forgot to mention the awesome quilting on your Thangles quilt ;)