Monday, April 4, 2011

First Quarter Update

I had a very productive first quarter and thought I would share some pictures with you:







I knitted the scarf for one of my beemates.  I am pleased with the end result but it took longer than I expected.  Right now I am working on a pair of socks for my daughter-in-law and should be able to post a picture in the next day or two - I just have to finish the second toe.

The Girl Scout quilt was a lot of fun to make.  It was a quick assembly and Jen (my daughter) did a great job on the quilting and finished it very quickly.  The quilt along with one of the pillows will be prizes at our Service Unit's Mother/Daughter Bingo next Friday.

The pastel stripe quilt is for a longtime friend.  She has some serious health issues and lost her husband last year so I hope that it will bring her comfort.  I quilted this quilt myself - it was my first time to quilt such a large piece and I am not sure if I would quilt one this large again.  This quilt is the first quarter UFO for my bee challenge and I got it finished in the nick of time.

The snowman quilt is the third quilt I have made using this pattern.  It was quilted by Kathy Yull and she really took her time choosing patterns.  I will post closeups another day.

Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed working on these projects.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I also finished three cross stitch pieces this quarter but will not post pictures until they are framed. Almost forgot about them.

Stephanie said...

The scarf is amazing!! No wonder it took so long!
Congrats on all the Finishes, too.