Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's almost Turkey Day

Better late than never for my promised post.

I am currently at my son's house enjoying his three boys. Talk about a handful. The eight-year old is pretty independent and helpful. The five-year old is very loving unless he is not happy. He is definitely related to Miss Jenna! The two-year old is a riot. He is cutting his two-year molars so you can imagine how happy he is. Actually today was much better. He has a wonderful vocabulary: pips (chips), panpakes (pancakes), pease (please) and thank you when I can convince him to say it. He is a pretty picky eater so it is a challenge at meal times. Tonight Pop was here for the first time and, much to Mom's shock and surprise, he was able to get Alex to eat his hamburger after many refusals.

I have been busy while I have been here. I am knitting and stitching like crazy. No pictures of course since I am making presents for Christmas. They will follow.

Susan (my daughter-in-law) and I have been to two quilt shops. She is not a quilter but is just bowled over by all the fabrics and patterns that are available. She is quickly learning that each shop has different fabrics from the previous one and there are many, many choices. She picked out a pattern and fabric for a snowman quilt that she fell in love with - one of my projects for next year (I may have to make it twice!). She also bought some towels and a cute snowman border fabric. I will make teacher gifts and send them to her. I didn't bring my machine this time because I have to knit and stitch and because of the two-year old ('nuf said!). Now I wish I had just brought it along with some basic sewing supplies. Lesson learned!

I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you are spending it with loved ones and friends. Please keep all of armed forces personnel in your thoughts on this day because without them we would not be able to live in our free country. My son has a good friend who is a doctor in the Army and is currently stationed in Baghram AFB in Afghanistan. I am following her blog - their living quarters are not nearly as cushy as some prisoners here in the US have and she works eight hours every day - more if necessary - a very challenging situation to say the least.



No comments: