Saturday, February 20, 2010

Choo Choo


Well, I finished my railroad quilt last night. Jen was up today and took pictures for me which are included in this entry. I am really pleased with the end result. The only thing I would change would be trimming my threads before it was quilted. With the white background there are a lot of threads from the red and black fabrics that show through. Most people will probably not notice them but you know how it is when we look at our own work. :)

I have included some closeup pictures of the quilting because I think it is really neat. Paul Wycoff is a wonderful longarm quilter - he is willing to take as much time as necessary to come up with a good design. We always have a good time choosing patterns. Sometimes it goes really quickly - other times is is challenging but he is always patient and helpful. I got the blocks from Fennell Artworks in Arcadia, IN, and came up with the setting myself - much to my surprise!



2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow, Carol!! This is great! It's been fun to watch it progress... Love it!!

Linda said...

Carol, this is awesome! I love everything about it...the piecing is superb and the quilting is extraordinary. You have every right to be pleased with yourself!