Friday, August 28, 2009

Lots to Show

Let me preface this post by advising you that the loud thud you heard a while back was most likely Jennifer fainting when she sees this and realizes that I actually got all the pictures not only loaded but in the right place!

It's been awhile since I posted because I have been trying to complete some of my UFO's.

Today I mailed Brit's birthday present so that is comple
ted. The heart wallhanging is a Sweet 16 birthday present for a lovely young lady. I have known her since she was born and can't believe that she is now driving. Oh my, how quickly the time goes by.

I have also taken two quilts to my longarmer but won't get them back for a few weeks. I am posting
pictures of them because I did get them assembled.



The red, black and white top is my railroad quilt. It was a block of the month from Fennell's in Arcadia. I had the blocks done for a long time but couldn't decide how to finish it. Jen won a book and I found the finish in there. I am pleased with it and can't wait to see it quilted. I assembled the top at sewing day at Shiisa a couple of months ago. I really enjoy the sewing days and get a lot accomplished plus I get to sew with a neat bunch of ladies. Jan is very generous in opening her shop to our online group - actually, I think she enjoys it too. :)

My lighthou
se quilt was probably the most difficult thing I have worked on yet. It was a combination of piecing and applique and everything had to fit together! I started it before I fell so it has been a long time finishing. I plan to hang it in our guild's quilt show in October. I am glad to have it done and very pleased with the result.











I have also done a couple of small projects. Our bee makes blocks for our members so I have posted a picture of the basket blocks I made for Kay and the civil war blocks I made for Kathy. Our next project is paper-pieced 4" blocks in the Delectable Mountains pattern. I'll post that when I finish tearing my hair out! I also made another Take Along Purse for a Christmas present.
Well, I can't find the pictures of Kathy's blocks so they will come later.


1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for getting everything posted with pictures!! Love the hearts! You railroad quilt looks fantastic! And I can't wait to see the Lighthouse quilt in the show! :)

I broke down and decided to have 2 quilts judged at the show instead of just the one! :)