Friday, April 22, 2016

Catching Up

The last time I posted I showed pictures of the huge pile of clothes from which I was going to make five quilts. Well, believe it or not, I got them all done. I had a hard time starting as a lot of the clothes were really nice and would have been great donations to "Dress for Success" or a women's shelter. I finally got passed that and started cutting. I cut up the pieces for all five to make sure that I had an even distribution of fabrics in all of the quilts. I made the cornerstones from the clothes too. Here are pictures of the finished quilts:

Since she had some specific selections for each quilts you can see that they are not identical.

I asked for pictures that I could incorporate in the labels. Luckily I was able to match each label to the correct quilt.  Here is a group picture of the labels:

Due to a miscount I ended up with some extra blocks so I made a pillow for the lady who ordered the quilts:

She was surprised and very appreciative. I heard from her mother-in-law that everyone opened their quilts at the same time and there were lots of tears.  I am glad that I was able to so this for the family.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Never saw the labels - they look good!