Friday, August 22, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I find it amazing that it is already the middle of August.  My year has been busy and I haven't been very good at posting.

I took a bunch of pictures of my sewing room the other day to submit to my guild for the virtual tour of sewing rooms that is going to be our program in January.  I thought it would be a good time to post a picture for Design Wall Monday.  Of course, today is Friday and I am just getting around to it.



The roosters on the left are an ongoing project that I am working on with a friend.  We haven't touched them in quite a while but plan to get back to them this year - maybe.  The two at the top in the middle are from the Row by Row Shop Hop currently going on.  The top one is from Back Door Quilts in Greenwood, IN, and the bottom one is from Quart Quarters in Carmel, IN.  I hope to get to a few more shops before the end of the month.  I embroidered the Halloween wall hanging and all I have to do it quilt it which I plan to do in the next week or so.  The two small quilts on the bottom right are for my guild's auction of small quilts at our quilt show in October 2015.  I have plenty of time to finish them.  The tree block was made by Terri Degenkolb of Whimsicals - the points are perfect - definitely something I have to strive for.  The two small embroideries have been on my wall for way to long - I plan to incorporate them into a winter wallhanging - no projected completion date.

Finally, the multi-color blocks in the center are from a great class that I took with Debbie Bowles (Maple Island Quilts) a few years ago.  Of course her quilt is much different because she used solids vs. the bright prints that I chose.  I am not a scrappy quilter so this has been a challenge for me to finish. I know it may not be scrappy for some of you but my idea of scrappy is three shades of blue.  I am looking for some of the "solid" fabrics from this line (the three on the right of the blocks) or another one so that I can insert them between the blocks to calm them down a bit.

Well now that I have shown my current and long-delayed projects on my design wall I am going to get back to the piece I am cross stitching for a friend.  I have to get it done and framed by the middle of September but I am making good progress.  I'll post a picture of it when I get it framed.

Have a great weekend.

Carol





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your wall is almost as busy as your cutting table!