Friday, September 20, 2013

On the Needles

I have Jenna's sweater finished - I just have to get a zipper and sew it in and she will have a new sweater for the cooler weather.  I'll post a picture when she can be the model.

I started a scarf for a friend.  We were in Massachusetts a few weeks ago and went to Eva's Yarn Shop in Fairhaven, MA and Barbara saw this scarf on display.  It is a wonderful shop with so many tempting fibers.  It is really hard to not buy one of everything!!  I have only done seven rows so far but here is a picture of the yarn and the pattern:


I will be working on it this weekend a bit although I have to get sleeves and labels on the two quilts I am entering in our guild quilt show at the end of October.  Jen just finished quilting a quilt for me last night that I am sending to a girl who was in my Girl Scout troop.  I bought the binding fabric yesterday so will get that made and sewn on today.  I guess I have enough to keep me busy over the weekend.  :)

Head over to Judy's blog to see what others are working.

Hope you have a productive weekend.

Carol

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for you starting Barbara's...but you should really pull out your vest and finish it with the cool weather here!