Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two Finishes

I've had a great weekend.  We came to Maryland on Wednesday to volunteer at the 200-mile relay in which our son ran.  It was a lot of fun and I met lots of nice people.


I brought my small Janome and finished sewing on the binding for a snowman quilt I made for my daughter-in-law.  She bought the fabric a year ago last Thanksgiving and I worked on it during my bee retreat in March.  Then I really got started and sewed down the binding for two quilts - hers and my April UFO!  I am so excited to finish my UFO - I started it in the mid-90's.  It was a block of the month from Quakertown Quilts in Friendswood, TX.  I had to complete the last block in 1999 because there were no zeros or twos on the instructions.  :)  If you look closely you can see that the bottom left hand block is dated 1999. I have looked at it for a long time trying to figure out how to quilt it.  I finally decided that stitch in the ditch was the best so I dove in.  I am very pleased with the results and delighted that it is one more project off my  To Do List.




I was also a good grandma while I was here.  I mended three pairs of pants (for the adults) and repaired Bunny and sewed a wheel back on a car that is loved.  I figure I earned my keep.  :)

2 comments:

Dar said...

Both quilt are just darling. You did good to get them all finished and bound. Congrats

Stephanie said...

You aren't going to believe this...I have the exact same UFO BOM - Folk Art Christmas! Since I did so well completing things at the March retreat I was inspired to look at other projects I have always wanted to finish. I just pulled this one out from a drawer that obviously hasn't been opened in awhile.! I only have two blocks completed so I'm going to work on it as I work on my other BOM's. I should have it done to hang at Christmas time this year!